The Dark Tower (Gun Slinger Series)

 


             so first off, if you want your own hand whittled skeleton key on a leather strip to wear around your neck to make the voices go away...then please contact me at nosubject13@yahoo.com
I've been wearing this key for a few months now. I soaked it in a hardener that really did the trick. I've gone in the ocean with it, sleep with it and take showers....i don't take it off okay! it's been fine. i thought it would break but it's stood up to everything.
 I really got into the dark tower series. By the end of them I was kinda soaked in the world and whittling a ket seemed the only way to go. yeah i know, the turtle isn't scrimshawed but whatever. also the key is carved from walnut. in the book, I believe alder...maybe ash..i forgotten now...hmm...anyway, I never carve walnut but when i thought about this project i immediately thought about a piece of walnut I've had for years...and how nice the key would look as a darker piece of wood. it was fated. The hardest part was getting the little 's' on the end just right...i spent the most time on it...i was going fast but i slowed down by the end...worried about getting that 's' right.
   if you haven't read the gunslinger, i'd suggest it. Be aware though, King get's really, really arrogant by the last two books and he kills the ending. He must be so sour from father time not worshiping him like his hoards of brainless fans.

Comments

  1. it is so great to see all these new postings. I would love to purchase some wood carvings and some drawings. love the details about where the wood comes from

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment