Wood carving whittling wood spirits hipsters and brooklyn wood work for sale.

another line up
the usual suspects finished. Well these guys have been sitting around forever. I tried to finish them a month ago and screwed it up. So i went with a finishing wax, antique technique. I've found that light colored wood carvings don't sell real well online. the carvings need a representation that grabs the eye and holds well as a photo...it's kinda stupid. i might try and find a seller here in the city. I don't like trying to sell my work. i want it to sell itself.

another wedge!!! he's about as wide a wedge face can get. he looks like he's high....right?
like sardines in a can!!!



This is one of the twins. Two small spirits made out of a piece of fire wood. strangely nice wood to carve. it was rotted but not falling apart...greatest wood to carve though. anyway. his brother was in the video i released recently. 

This is a very tight little wedge guy. He barely has a frontal view. I like how he came out though.

This guy is a long wall hanger wood spirit. He's made of real sycamore. It's an exotic species to me since all the sycamore in the city is actually london plane tree.

Another wood spirit. This one has a hole in him where a knot (limb) fell out. I just went with it and made it part of the beard. 

wood working in brooklyn (hey, i'm lucky to have a yard!)

Comments

  1. I think I have one of these ... are they worth anything?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment