Wine Box Cedar Top Acoustic Guitar

This has been a long time in the making. I posted sometime ago about a previous version which was an all pine body with this neck on it. That guitar sounded neat but the neck was coming off and i wanted to keep experimenting. I used a larger, solid pine wood wine box for the sides and back. My friend was moving out of her house and had some old cedar shakes which i used for the top. I used an 'x' bracing pattern made out of the same cedar. The bridge is cocobolo. The sound on this guitar is pretty dang good for a narrow body. I spent a lot of time trying to get the best voice out of the sound board as i could. The earlier model was very flat, it sounded cool but not much body at all. This one really sounds like a guitar. Very satisfying project.


here's the bracing and maple bridge plate.




Comments