A new pipe. This one, a Satyr.

I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out in the end. I did make a video of it's creation that's on my youtube channel....but i'll just say anyway that the kits i've been using don't have much wood on the front. in order for these to be functional the face can't be carved very deep and the design has to have other elements to pull the thing together. I really didn't know if the horns would work the way they did...but when you are nervous about making a piece it's usually a good sign.






Comments

  1. Hey man, you have motivated me to give something similar to this a shot. I was wondering if it wasn't too much trouble if you could post a basic pattern of the dimensions for this satyr pipe., for example the horns. I like wood carving but my artistic skills especially with pattern design are nigh. I have also watched your videos on YouTube. Fantastic!

    -Andrew-

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment